Oman is in an ideal location at the center of the east-west nexus joining markets in Europe, Asia and North America. Just outside the Persian Gulf and the Strait of Hormuz, along busy shipping lanes carrying a significant share of the world’s maritime commercial traffic, Oman has convenient access and connections to the Gulf, Africa, and the Indian subcontinent.
The country is rich in cultural diversity, heritage, and racial harmony. It has untouched natural beauty‚ with landscapes ranging from magnificent mountain ranges to wadis as well as over 3000 km of beautiful coastline. These charming characteristics make it an attractive tourist and investment destination.
- Ranked 1st in Starting a Business criteria, by the WB, among the MENA’s 20 countries, and 32nd globally
- The IMF forecasts Oman to lead GCC growth in 2019 with a rate of 4.2%
- Ranked as the world’s 33rd most competitive country in the World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Report 2013 – 2014
- Globally ranked ports, airports and roads and some of the most strategically placed ports in the world.
- Over 1 billion consumers on Oman’s doorstep
- Signatory to WTO, GCC common market, GAFTA, FTAs with US and Singapore, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Lichtenstein
- 70% foreign ownership in most sectors, while 100% ownership in some cases and specific economic zones
- Setting up an Omani LLC (limited liability company) requires only two shareholders and one director of any nationality and domicile
- Some of the most competitively priced land and commercial property in the Gulf and Competitive Utility Rates
- 0% personal income tax rate, Flat 15% corporate tax, double taxation relief treaties available with many countries and Absence of Value Added Tax (VAT) or sales tax.
- Investor friendly legislative environment,
- No restrictions on repatriation of capital or profits
- In comparison to most Middle East countries, Oman is home to a vibrant expat and foreign investor community, amounting to almost half the total population of the country.
- One of the world’s safest and secure countries with one of the lowest crime rates in the world.
- Oman is considered as one of the best places in the Gulf to bring up a family.
- Affordable city living. Houses rental prices are well below the Gulf’s regional average.
- 3,165 kilometers of stunning public shoreline.
- In 2012, Monocle magazine voted Oman one of the world’s best tourist destination,
- At the center of the east-west nexus joining markets in Europe, Asia and North America in addition to close proximity to Africa.
- The Sultanate’s government has been making steady and ambitious investments in the country’s infrastructure, including in the manufacturing sector, special economic zones, seaports, airports, rail, and roads, as well as in its healthcare, educational systems, telecommunications, and facilities
- Leading advanced telecommunication infrastructure supporting interconnected domestic and international networks